Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm so behind, this is a bit embarrassing

So I am a complete week behind on So You Think You Can Dance results, but must say it was a mixed emotions finale show for me last week. I was desperately backing Paris Torres, the car crash survivor who cannot feel one of her legs, but is a graceful, entertaining and wonderfully beautiful dancer. She was robbed.

By Asuka, who should've immediately been sent home after that heinous solo of pure fluff. The judges seem to think she can do no wrong, I believe otherwise. I feel we should expect more from a classically trained ballerina who is also well-versed in Latin ballroom. Not that Tyce gave her and Vitolio any quality choreography to work with in that Broadway number during last Wednesday's episode (failure and boredom struck me as I watched through my fingers with pained eyes).

As for Tony, he was personable and had a great style, but alas his technical background wasn't sufficient to pull him through to the second episode (and in actuality I wish he hadn't taken the second Broadway Style Brother's spot but ... the past is the past).

The choreography during that Wednesday episode varied from impressive, inventive and entertaining, to boring and questionable. I will go into more detail in the coming days (hopefully before tonight and tomorrow's episodes which I have to miss but will be DVRing).

As for now, I'm signing off.

No comments: