Monday, January 29, 2007

My excitment turns to giddy!

So as annoyingly enthusiastic as I have been about my dance blog, with the discovery of dozens of events in and around Boston and dance performances that are within my geographic and financial reach (barely), I have turned into an irritating dance fanatic!

Which I was to begin with.

Boston.com and the Boston Globe and briefs written by my favorite Globe Correspondent, Bobby Hankinson, have combined to create a dance calendar page that has whet my dance appetite in a big way.

http://calendar.boston.com/search?cat=4

Disregarding the entry about Disney on Ice "Princess Wishes" (which I would probably go see anyway as it combines two of my favorite guilty pleasures; Disney princesses and figure skating) this list is informative and really interesting.

I have found several events that I am working at this moment to get tickets for such as the Flamenco Festival at the Cutler Majestic Theatre of Emerson College, www.maj.org, the Bebe Miller Company and other shows and companies travelling to the new ICA, www.icaboston.org, salsa lessons and dance nights, lounges and restaurants turned to semi-club scenes, Boston Ballet's infamous and much sought after performances and much much more.


And the real reason this calendar caught my eye is the listing for "Belly dancing snake lovers." For $25 I can head to the Roslindale Yoga Studio and learn to belly dance with a snake! YIKES!

I have a deathly fear of snakes, and a lifelong love of belly dancing, so I may just brave a reptilian encounter for a chance to experience something truly unique and exotic.

Saturday February 17, 2007 at 2 pm I will make sure to take off work and be at 4155 Washington Street in Roslindale, MA where hopefully Zehara (the snake belly dancing teacher) will help me face my fears and belly dance my way to new heights of experience. For more information head to zehara.com


As much as I've been posting in the past two weeks, I hope you are ready for a whole lot more.


Make sure to check in late tonight after Dancelife Episode 3 ... some of the dancers head to New York City for more auditions and an appearance by Nelly Furtado, who is not so much of a dancer herself but she sure can pick her dance extras!

1 comment:

Dani Probably said...

I'm glad you've decided to face your fear of snakes for Zehara - if you're allowed, you should take some photos of the class!