Thursday, January 18, 2007

Wang Center no more -- a partnership changes a Boston dance staple

As I clicked on my own link at the bottom of my blog page to head to the Wang Center Web site, I was jolted to realization when I was automatically redirected to www.citicenter.org. A 15-year partnership between Citigroup (a bank ... much like TD Banknorth and the old Fleet) and the Wang Center is going to focus on arts and community initiatives, according to the press release.

Apparently I haven't been keeping up, having joined the Boston Ballet as a member in September, but the press release was distributed in November 2006. The Citi Arts Center is calling itself "a guardian of the Wang Theatre and the Schubert Theatre" on the new Web site.

With regards to the Boston Ballet performances, and other quality dance, musical theatre and comedy shows put on in these locations, they seem to have had no change.

Just a new name ... but wouldn't the ballerinas dance just as well with any other name?


The following is the link to the press release.


http://www.citicenter.org/citi-press-release.html

No comments: