Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dance spotlight - this free event has me rearranging a few things

The Boston Ballet's "Dance Spotlight" is a random series of events around Boston and tonight is the first one that I am going (to try) to attend.

Tonight, Wednesday February 21 at 7 pm at the BU Tsai Performance Center (yup it's the same place I went to see Complexions), the entire cast of the Boston Ballet will be performing excerpts from resident choreographer Jorma Elo's world premiere of "Brake the Eyes."

But I have my own dance rehearsal for a 20-minute modern/ballet piece I am in with the Northeastern University Dance Company called "Passing" on the stages of death. It's pretty exciting stuff.

But my rehearsal is from 6-7 pm and I'm thinking I might have to disappoint the choreographer and leave early so I can attend this awesome, and better yet FREE, event tonight.

Tickets are free, yet required so call 617.353.3697

I already called last night and left a voice mail with my name and phone number as requested by the prompts and hopefully my ticket will be waiting for me. But maybe I should call again just to make sure.

The Tsai Performance Center is located at 685 Commonwealth Avenue on BU's campus, right off of the BU Central T stop.

See you there ... I HOPE!

No comments: