Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Looking forward to "RAIN"

The Boston Celebrity Series which brought us Complexions among other performing arts shows, has brought Cirque Eloize to the Cutler Majestic Theatre this week.

The run began yesterday and will run through this Sunday, March 18. I'm pretty excited to see the acrobatic troupe from Montreal because I've been dying to see a "Cirque du Soleil" or other group. And to be honest I didn't even know other companies similar to "Cirque du Soleil" existed. Much to my delight, they do.

The show is described as fun and reminiscent of childhood views of rain, the summer showers, getting soaking wet and playing outside.

In fact, during the finale, the cast performs onstage in a real downpour. I can't wait to see this! And I think I'm bringing my mom with me!

Through Friday the show will be at 7:30 pm, and there will be Saturday shows at 2 pm and 8 pm and a Sunday matinee at 3 pm. Tickets run $35-$60, and I just am hoping that they will have student rush tickets.

To find out all about Cirque Eloize RAIN, head to the site on the Cutler Majestic Theatre's Web site.

No comments: