Friday, March 16, 2007

My spring break!

Spring Break '07 was filled with working at my part-time job at Coach in the Copley mall and getting the stomach virus and feeling absolutely wretched.

But I did enjoy myself in between working and being completely dehydrated for 24 hours straight.

It all started when I launched my spring break early to head to NYC and audition for So You Think You Can Dance? as I wrote all about in a previous post.

While in NY I had dinner at PF Chang's in the Westchester Mall in White Plains, NY with one of my oldest and very good friends from high school, Helayna. The next day an old friend Charli also came over and the two of us just chatted and caught each other up on what's going on in our lives.

My dad and I headed back to Boston Saturday morning and I went into the city and spend some time with my friend, Kerry and we went out to Thornton's restaurant and then to Suite, some crazy club in The Alley on Boylston. Not exactly my scene (think Euro-trash meets a ton of money and snobby people), so I headed down Boylston to meet up with Ricky and a group of his roommates and high school friends who were in Boston for the night.

The following day I went to a party in Lexington with my mom or my niece Rayya (my cousin's daughter, I'm an only child and will never "actually" be an aunt sadly) who was born in January and saw old family friends and such.

After that I jetted down to the city to see the closing night of Boston Ballet's "New Visions" and was immediately picked up by Ricky so we could rush to Canton for his ice hockey game.

By some miracle, I didn't have to work Monday, and spend the day relaxing and then went out to Mantra with Ricky and his dad for dinner during Restaurant Week.

And from 10:30 pm Monday night until 10:30 am Tuesday morning (half an hour before I had to be at work) I was very very sick, about every half hour.

I still went to work and stuck it out for a few hours since we were short-staffed but headed home as soon a replacement to cover me was found, five hours later.

I stayed in bed the next few days and worked again on Thursday.

On Friday one of my best friends from high school, Jenna came into the city late that night and we just relaxed, order pizza from Il Mondo (greatest pizzeria every in Boston!) and watched some television.

The next morning we headed to my house to grab Ricky's hockey stuff, have a quick breakfast at Rosie's Bakery on Route 9 and then I had to rush back to get to work, again.

That night I went out with my friend Lauren from dance and a large group of her friends for her roommate Christina's 21st birthday and it was a lot of fun, especially because I got a chance to meet some great new people.

The next day I again had to work, but headed back to Ricky's apartment to get ready to go to his hockey game at Matthews Arena at Northeastern with his mom and dad.

The game was a lot of fun and we went to Betty's Wok and Noodle for dinner, a place I adore, and that happens to take Husky Card.

So that was my week in a nutshell. Despite being sick I ended up doing a ton and seeing a lot of old friends, meeting new people and relaxing.

Also, I plan on adding pictures but the computer has let me down so I will add an extra post with my spring break pictures as soon as possible.

No comments: