Monday, March 19, 2007

Stress in my dance world

As the NUDANCO spring concert "Expressions" approaches at a rapid pace, faster than you can say "Boston has bipolar weather" I am getting nervous, anxious, stressed and out-and-out scared.

Although I finished teaching my choreography for my piece "This is the place," I feel like a month is just not enough time to clean up all the mistakes, perfect timing and formations and to fix the details. Of course I have learned in my years of dancing that in the end, everything comes together and for the most part, dances work out perfectly, because when you are on that stage something comes out, a personality almost, different for each dancer that explores a personal and beautiful form of the dance.

Because whenever you do a dance, or a dance move, it's never the same every time. Which can be a good thing.

The show is Saturday April 14 at 3pm and 8pm and everyone in the company is excited. The show itself should be great because of all the great pieces chosen this semester.

All I know is that I have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time, and with trying to order costumes, collect money for said costumes, choreograph a segment for the finale, write a bio and description for the program and organize all things involving the show with the e-board, it's going to be a long three and half weeks.

At least I'll be dancing through it all.

No comments: