Friday, March 23, 2007

My all time favorite musical comes to BOSTON!!!

My giddy nature is about to reach new heights as I have recently learned that my beloved MAJ (oh Emerson how well you book performance shows) will be playing "On The Town" literally my favorite musical of all time. No lie. I own the DVD and one of my best friends from high school, Hayley Skousen, bought me a framed poster from the Broadway show for my 17th birthday.

Saying it is my favorite is no small trifle because I love musicals. Unlike most of my generation.

The 1949 movie stars Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly and Vera Ellen (the fantastic and incredibly talented dancer also in "White Christmas.") That all-star cast made for a wildly entertaining story about three World War II sailors docked in NYC for 24 hours only wanting to find good times and beautiful girls.

It's a simple and fluffy love story, nothing too deep, except the best theme to apply to life which is to live every minute as if you were about to leave.

This show will be Emerson's 54th Annual Musical and I can't wait to see what these talented students have got. I know I saw I look forward to everything, but this really has got me hooked. "On The Town" is Directed and choreographed by Stephen Terrell and Marlena Yannetti with Musical Direction by Scott Wheeler.

Not to mention the tickets are EXTREMELY reasonable. Tickets are $21, $14 for Students and Seniors, and a mere $9 for EC Students, Faculty, Staff, Alums $9.

The show is playing:

April 19-21, 2007
Thursday-Saturday at 8pm
Saturday at 2pm

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Oh my gosh LONG story short I just came across this article on google and I hadn't ever seen it and I just want to say I love it! Haha I know it's totally irrelevant now but man I would die to see that live performance of On The Town. Hopefully it'll come back to Broadway soon. Good times watching that musical at your house on South Buckhout!!!